12/14/2006

Eleanor


Eleanor. Only one other car would have a name as evocative as that... Eleanor is the 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback featured in "Gone in 60 Seconds". Nick cage drove it's wheels off in the final chase sequence in the 2000 remake of "Gone" and it's the same car in the original 1974 title. I've had lofty aspirations of owning this car. Since I was a kid, the '67 'Stang was the dream car for me. Before the Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraris, there was the original Pony car. I've seen a few hulks rusting in driveways and junkyards in our country but I keep considering the time and effort it would take to revive this behemoth to it's original glory. It would be time, effort and resources that I unfortunately have little of... for now this will stay a dream... Maybe if i win the damned lottery...

Photo taken at the Sport Car/truck show in Megmall last Sept...

1 comment:

Pacs Pacunayen said...

ang kinis ni eleanor! hehe pahing ng copy ng picture ko with the sony girl!Ü