1/04/2007

The Money Pit

What is the definition of a 'money-pit'?

In my view, its basically something that you purchase and for some godforsaken reason keep throwing cash at to improve or upgrade it.

Clear?

Well, I have one. It's called an iPod...





While it does work by itself, only needing a basic PC (read: P4/AthlonXP/512mbram/80gbHDD) with USB to utilize it's functions, only an idiot would think that buying an iPod is the end of it... And contrary to popular belief, I'm not an idiot... At least I don't think so...

But that's just me...

So far, I've gotten two different cases, new cables, new earphones (I've hated the iPod earphones since the Shuffle 1G), carabiners, polishing solutions, buffing pads and a chamois. Patti has four cases, earphones, a dock, a remote control, a usb charger, speakers, cleaners, cleaning cloths, MP3s from pay-sites, and some other stuff that's not standard fare...




With all these, I'm still planning on buying a speaker-dock, new earphones, a spare cable, a usb charger, a pc-dock, an iTrip, a car dock and whatever else I find 'useful' in the next few months.

I buy less stuff for my camera and my car put together! When will it all end?!?

Probably when and if I get a Zune... where it'll start all over again.

Or a PSP. Or a Wii. Or a PS3. Or a DS-Lite. Or the 100gb iPod.




Damn.

No comments: